Thursday, October 15, 2015

Hip Kit Club | First Day of Fall

This is a personal blog. All editorial content and projects are intellectual property of ashleyhortondesigns.com. I do receive compensation and material product from Hip Kit Club to develop my craft posts, but all ideas and opinions are my own.

Today, I am sharing my first Hip Kit Club layout for our newest term, using the October 2015 Hip Kit & Add-On Kits!  This time around, we are doing things a bit differently.  The Design Team is alternating weeks posting on the Hip Kit Facebook page and the Blog.  So make sure you're following on FB, to see weekly posts and check the Blog for full posts too!

Here's the layout, that I created with a mix of product from the October 2015 Main Kit, October 2015 Embellishment Kit and the October 2015 Project Life Kit.




I wanted to use the patterned papers from the Kit, to create a decorative background.  I cut 2.5 inch squares from several of the patterned papers and then cut each one in half.  Then I placed the squares back together, mixing the patterns and then added machine stitching for a quilted look.  I finished by adding my photo and embellishments in a grid design! 

Thanks for stopping in today, and I'll be back next Thursday, with a new layout with the October Kits!

https://www.etsy.com/shop/TheCutShoppe

No comments:

Post a Comment