Thursday, October 1, 2015

Hip Kit Club | We Are Better Together

This is a personal blog. All editorial content and projects are intellectual property of ashleyhortondesigns.com. I do receive compensation and material product from Hip Kit Club to develop my craft posts, but all ideas and opinions are my own.

When I start a layout, I usually have some idea in mind of where I am going with the design.  But for this layout, I had zip, zilch, nada!!  So instead of sitting for an hour and wondering what I should do, I just kind of jumped in.  I grabbed one of the Documentary patterned papers from the September 2015 Main Kit from Hip Kit Club and cut some hearts.  I mixed the hearts by using the multi-colored Ampersand side and then added in a few hearts from the opposite wood grain side.


I liked the way this look turned out in the background, because it allowed me to use some of the patterned paper from the Kit, without the background being completely overwhelming.  Layering the patterned paper hearts over White cardstock from the September 2015 Cardstock Add-On, gave the base of the layout a bit of a cleaner look.


I wanted to create a vertical design with my photo and a few embellishments, to avoid covering up too much of the background.  The "We Are Better Together" tag from the Amy Tangerine Bits pack in the Main Kit, worked great for the title of my layout.  And I used one of the Crate Paper Die Cut Words and a few Crate Paper Chipboard pieces from the September 2015 Embellishment Kit, to add a bit of dimension to my layout.  I also love that you can adjust those Chipboard pieces, by removing part of the backing and lessening the dimension of the different pieces.


And I couldn't resist adding in a bit of stamping with the cute Elle's Studio alpha stamp set, included in the September 2015 Color Add-On Kit.  I thought about coloring over them with the Distress Markers also included in the Color Kit, but I wanted a bit more of a contrast, so I went with a Black ink pad instead.  I liked the end result of our daughter and son's initials stamped in the background of the layout.

I was really happy with the end result of my layout, considering my lack of a plan!  That's one of the great things about the Kits from Hip Kit Club, you don't have to over think it.  So much of the work is done for you, because of the amazing products included every month!  If you are thinking about subscribing, now is a perfect time!  Just head over to the Hip Kit Club website and check out the upcoming October 2015 Hip Kits and the information for becoming a new Subscriber!

And before I go, I'm so excited to be staying on with Hip Kit Club for another term.  I LOVE working with the Kits, and I am looking forward to working with everyone for the upcoming term!  

http://www.hipkitclub.net/

https://www.etsy.com/shop/TheCutShoppe

No comments:

Post a Comment