Thursday, October 8, 2015

Hip Kit Club | Fabulously Fallish

This is a personal blog. All editorial content and projects are intellectual property of ashleyhortondesigns.com. I do receive compensation and material product from Hip Kit Club to develop my craft posts, but all ideas and opinions are my own.

The October 2015 Hip Kit & Add-On Kits from Hip Kit Club landed on my doorstep this past weekend, so Fall can officially begin!  There are so many fun Fall goodies in this month's Kits, and I am kind of giddy since Fall is my favorite season.  Granted, sometimes Fall just kind of passes us by down here in the south, but I'm determined to enjoy any little bit of it.  While I was out enjoying the nice weather this past Saturday, a squirrel was visiting and snacking on some flowers.  I snapped a few photos of him and knew I wanted to use the picture on my first layout this month!


I started the layout by layering a couple of cards from the October 2015 Project Life Kit behind my photo.  Before adding the photo to the background paper from the October 2015 Main Kit, I used a brown pen to trace the plus sign design from the stencil included in the October 2015 Color Add-On.  Then I cut a few leaves on my Silhouette Cameo, and added coordinating water colors to the background paper, before stitching the leaves down.


I used a mix of the Evalicious Navy Puffy Alphabet Stickers and Dear Lizzy Thickers from the Project Life and Main Kits for my title.  I always love to mix typography in my titles.  And the mix of embellishments from the October 2015 Embellishment Kit, Project Life Kit and Main Kit, were perfect for adding the finishing touches to my layout!



I can't wait to get started on more layouts, with this month's Kits!  And we also have new Cut Files and Printables to go along with the Kit this month.  Make sure you visit the Hip Kit Club Website and sign up for a FREE account to have access to each month's downloads!

https://www.etsy.com/shop/TheCutShoppe

No comments:

Post a Comment