Thursday, October 22, 2015

Hip Kit Club | Hello Fall

This is a personal blog. All editorial content and projects are intellectual property of ashleyhortondesigns.com. I do receive compensation and material product from Hip Kit Club to develop my craft posts, but all ideas and opinions are my own.

Give me some Fall themed papers/embellishments, photos and cut files and I am a very happy scrapper!  I am still going strong with the October 2015 Hip Kit & Add-On Kits, from Hip Kit Club. For today's layout, I wanted to incorporate some of the Hip Kit Club cut files, and used the background cut file I created and some of the cute leaves from one of Kim Watson's cut files!


I started by cutting the background cut file from White card stock from the October 2105 Cardstock Add-On.  Then I layered it over one of the Amy Tangerine patterned papers.  Before machine stitching, I cut some of the background words from one of the Jen Hadfield papers and then placed them in the negative spots.  I really liked the mix of typography this added in the background.

 
Once I had the background completed, I added my photo and started layering embellishments from the October 2015 Main Kit, October 2015 Embellishment Kit and the October 2015 Project Life Kit.  I wanted to keep my photo and embellishments clustered in the center of the layout, to keep from covering a lot of the background work.  


I wanted to also incorporate some of the other cut files, included with this month's Kits.  I separated one of the leaf shapes from the fun Fall wreath cut file, created by Kim Watson.  Then I cut them from two different colors of card stock, included in the October 2015 Cardstock Add-On Kit.  Once the leaves were cut, I ran them through my sewing machine, to get a bit of added texture. 

I've still got more in store, using the October 2015 Hip Kit & Add-On Kits, so make sure you keep checking in on the Blog and Facebook page!  And we've got some awesome Kits coming up!  Make sure you head over to the Hip Kit Website to check out the November Hip Kit & Add-On Kits and keep an eye out for the upcoming December Daily Kit!

https://www.etsy.com/shop/TheCutShoppe

No comments:

Post a Comment