Thursday, December 31, 2015

Hip Kit Club | Shine Darling

This is a personal blog. All editorial content and projects are intellectual property of ashleyhortondesigns.com. I do receive compensation and material product from Hip Kit Club to develop my craft posts, but all ideas and opinions are my own.

I’ve had my eye on the Glimmer Acetate Sheet in the December 2015 Paper Add-On Kit from Hip Kit Club, and I just had to use it on my layout this week!  I still have so many goodies from the December 2015 Hip Kit & Add-On Kits, so I thought it would be fun to layer the acetate sheet over the December cut file, and then add my photo and some embellishments over the acetate sheet.


I cut the Heart Strings cut file from the Divine patterned paper included in the December 2015 Main Kit.  I liked the ombre effect of the wood grain fading into the light melon Pink color.  Once the cut file finished cutting, I placed it over a sheet of White cardstock from the December 2015 Cardstock Kit.  Next I placed the Glimmer acetate sheet over the die cut hearts and stitched around the outside edges to attach it to the back ground cardstock.

 
For the top layer of the layout, I added my photo and the Best Day Ever wood veneer from Main Kit, to the center of the layout.  I wanted to have several different dimensions, so I embellished with Chipboard pieces from the Main Kit and Bits from the December 2015 Embellishment Kit.



I completed my layout by adding a title, using the Beautiful Phrase Thickers from the Main Kit.  I also placed a few of the Gold Thickers around the layout to balance out my design.

If you haven’t had a chance to pick up the December cut files, make sure you visit the Hip Kit Club website!  You can download our Free cut files by signing up for an account on the website!

https://www.etsy.com/shop/TheCutShoppe

No comments:

Post a Comment