Tuesday, December 1, 2015

A Flair for Buttons | Merry Makers

This is a personal blog. All editorial content and projects are intellectual property of ashleyhortondesigns.com. I do receive compensation and material product from A Flair for Buttons and American Crafts to develop my craft posts, but all ideas and opinions are my own.

You can't go wrong, with a little bit of sparkle added to a Christmas layout!  And that's just what I added to my Merry Maker's layout, using the Foil Christmas Flair 2 from the A Flair for Buttons Etsy Shop.  Because of the limited color scheme I used on my layout, I knew the Gold Flair Buttons would be the perfect addition for a touch of sparkle.


I started the layout, by setting up a Triangle background cut in Silhouette Studio, and cut the design from White card stock.  Then I backed each row of Triangles with a two different patterned papers.  I wanted to keep the rest of the design fairly simple, to avoid covering a lot of the Triangle pattern in the background.  I decided to add my photo to the top left hand side and place the Merry & Bright Flair Button on the right side of the photo.

 
I didn't want my title to get lost over the background, so I cut hand-written letters from Black card stock in a large size.  I placed it under the photo and then created another cluster on the bottom right hand corner of the page.  I really liked the diagonal design this created over the Triangle background.  I wanted to balance out the circles on the layout, so I added a circle embellishment to the left of the title and then placed the Joy Flair Button in the bottom right cluster.  This created the perfect visual Triangle on my layout.


You can stop by the A Flair for Buttons Shop and pick up the Foil Christmas Flair 2 set, or pass your AFFB wishlist on to Santa!  I'm thinking some new Flair sets would make great stocking stuffers this year!!

Il_570xN.842650448_qfsd
Supplies:  Flair Buttons:  A Flair for Buttons; Patterned Paper, Rubber Charms, & Bits:  Pinkfresh Studio; Foam Glitter Embellishments:  Hip Kit Club; Color Shine:  Heidi Swapp; Enamel Dots:  My Mind's Eye; Tiny Attacher:  Tim Holtz; Wood Veneers:  Studio Calico; Die Cut Machine:  Silhouette Cameo

https://www.etsy.com/shop/TheCutShoppe

No comments:

Post a Comment