Tuesday, December 29, 2015

A Flair for Buttons | This Happened

This is a personal blog. All editorial content and projects are intellectual property of ashleyhortondesigns.com. I do receive compensation and material product from A Flair for Buttons and American Crafts to develop my craft posts, but all ideas and opinions are my own.

Sometimes an idea for a layout pops in my head, and I just have to get the design down on paper.  That happened with the layout I'm sharing today.  I had mosaics stuck in my head for some reason and kept thinking of ways to incorporate the design into a layout.  Since I love the Flair Buttons from A Flair for Buttons and circle designs...I decided to tie the three things together, and here's what I came up with, using the Epic Flair set.


I started out drawing circles on a White cardstock background with the Silhouette Cameo Sketch Pens.  Then I went to work cutting squares and rectangles from the Amy Tangerine Finder's Keepers collection.  I went section by section and added the cut pieces of paper filling in each circle to create a mosaic look.



Once the entire background was finished, I added the What a Story Flair Button from the Epic Flair set to the center circle.  It went along perfectly with the photo and journaling on my layout (which tells about our son loosing his first tooth).  I love to follow the design lines of a circle, so I added the photo and title outside of the second circle.  I also wanted to add in some embellishing, so I used wood veneers, along with the Epic Flair Button from the set.



This was a really fun technique, and it actually turned out the way I wanted it to...which doesn't always happen!  HA!  And it would be a great idea for using up your paper scraps or 6x6 paper pads!  No matter what design you decide on for your layout, there is always the perfect Flair Set in the A Flair for Buttons shop!  While you're there browsing, make sure you check out the Epic Flair set!

Il_570xN.616597575_f5qg

https://www.etsy.com/shop/TheCutShoppe

No comments:

Post a Comment