Thursday, December 17, 2015

Hip Kit Club | Seriously Cheeky

This is a personal blog. All editorial content and projects are intellectual property of ashleyhortondesigns.com. I do receive compensation and material product from Hip Kit Club to develop my craft posts, but all ideas and opinions are my own.

It's time to share a new layout with the December 2015 Hip Kit & Add-On Kits from Hip Kit Club!  I thought it would be fun to use some of the products in the December Color Add-On Kit for my layout.  I started out, by coloring the Heidi Swapp Watercolor Words with the Shimmerz Golden Wheat paint.  I just dipped the tip of my finger into the Shimmerz paint and added it to the Watercolor Words, then I set them aside to dry, while I worked on the rest of my layout.


I chose the Maggie Holmes frame paper for my background.  I just love all of those cute frames.  Lots of room for adding patterned paper and embellishments!  I used the Maggie Holmes 6x6 Paper Pad included in the December 2015 Embellishment Kit to cut several patterns that I could add to some of the frames.  Then I stitched around 4 of the frames, that had pre-printed phrases, with different colored embroidery floss.



By this time, the Heidi Swapp Watercolor Words were dry, and I used "Seriously" and "Cheeky" for my title.  Then I placed "Shine" and "Beautiful" around the layout to create a visual triangle.  This helps draw the eye around the layout and down to my photo, which I added to one of the bottom frames.  I finished the layout by adding some of the Maggie Holmes Chipboard and Wood Veneer pieces from the December 2015 Main Kit.


I can't wait to work on some more layouts this month, with the December Kit!  There's so much included, I just want to use all of it!  And if the December Kits aren't fabulous enough, now we've got the January 2015 Kits to look forward to!  They were revealed on the Hip Kit Club Website yesterday, so make sure you stop by to check them out!  You won't be disappointed!

 
https://www.etsy.com/shop/TheCutShoppe

No comments:

Post a Comment