Monday, February 22, 2016

Crate Paper | Love You Sweet Girl

This is a personal blog. All editorial content and projects are intellectual property of ashleyhortondesigns.com. I do receive compensation and material product from Crate Paper to develop my craft posts, but all ideas and opinions are my own.

Happy Monday!  I'm stopping in today, to share a new layout with you, using the Little You collection from Crate Paper.  The soft colors in this collection are so pretty, and while it's designed as a baby collection, I decided to use it with a photo of our 8 year old daughter.


I wanted to focus on the patterns in this collection, so I decided to work with the 6x6 Paper Pad.  I chose six different patterns and punched out circles with a 2 inch punch and then cut each of the circles in half.  I arranged the half circles in a scalloped pattern on a White cardstock background.



After I completed the pattern with the half circles, I added machine stitching to create texture in the background.  


I love the challenge of using a themed collection, in a different way.  Since I was creating a layout for an older girl, I looked for embellishments in the collection, that would work for my layout.  Several of the chipboard pieces included phrases, a frame and star shapes that fit in with the everyday theme of my layout.



The Gold chipboard frame worked great for my title.  I fussy cut the word "Love" from the My Sunshine paper and added in the Starlight Thickers and one of the stickers from the Accent Stickers.  I love the different dimension that you can see in the title, because of the pop dots I added under the fussy cut letters.

I hope I've inspired you today, with some fun ideas for using a collection outside of its theme.  Get creative with your collections, and see what you come up with!
 
https://www.etsy.com/shop/TheCutShoppe

No comments:

Post a Comment