Thursday, February 25, 2016

Hip Kit Club | Better Together

This is a personal blog. All editorial content and projects are intellectual property of ashleyhortondesigns.com. I do receive compensation and material product from Hip Kit Club to develop my craft posts, but all ideas and opinions are my own.

I’m stopping in today with a new layout, using the February 2016 Hip Kit with one of the February cut files from Hip Kit Club!  I used the cut file that I designed for this month, to create a tone on tone look, with pops of color from the patterned papers included in the February 2016 Main Kit and the February 2016 Paper Add-On.



I cut the Yakety Yak cut file from White cardstock, included in the February 2016 Cardstock Add-On.  Then I backed each of the talk bubbles with different patterned papers from the kit.  When I placed the cut file on the White cardstock background, I titled it, instead of adhering it straight.  I like the effect the tilt adds to the layout design.  I also added my photo and title on a tilt to follow the line of the cut file.

 
I used a mix of embellishments from the February 2016 Embellishment Kit and the February 2016 Project Life Kit.  I didn’t want to cover a lot of the die cut background, so I clustered embellishments around the photo and title.  Then I added the fun phrase stickers from Dear Lizzy, included in the Embellishment Kit, to the spaces in between the cut file.  I brought in more color, with the Simple Stories enamel dots, and placed them at the beginning at each of the sticker phrases.


You can pick up the February cut files, by visiting the Hip Kit Club website.  If you are not a Kit Subscriber, you can download the free cut files by signing up for a FREE account on the Hip Kit website.  We do have exclusive files also, that are only available to Kit Subscribers.  So make sure you head over and check it out, whether you are a monthly Subscriber or just a Hip Kit Club fan!

https://www.etsy.com/shop/TheCutShoppe

No comments:

Post a Comment