Thursday, February 11, 2016

Hip Kit Club | Be Your Own Kind of Beautiful

This is a personal blog. All editorial content and projects are intellectual property of ashleyhortondesigns.com. I do receive compensation and material product from Hip Kit Club to develop my craft posts, but all ideas and opinions are my own.

Hi, I'm stopping in to share my first layout with the February 2016 Hip Kit & Add-On Kits from Hip Kit Club!  I seriously always make my first layout, the day my Hip Kit arrives in the mail.  There are just so many products, that I can't wait to use!  My must use product for this layout, was the Delighted patterned paper from Maggie Holmes, included in the February 2016 Main Kit.


I knew I wanted to use a lot of the pattern, without overwhelming the photo and embellishments.  I decided to cut the paper along the divisions between the chevron design and arrange it over a piece of White cardstock from the February 2016 Cardstock Add-On.  I loved the motion this created on the page, and the White space for adding my photo, title and embellishments.


I just had to find a way to incorporate the amazing Maggie Holmes Fringe Hearts, that are a part of the February 2016 Embellishment Kit.  I can assure you, if there is a heart within 5 miles of my scrap area, it is going to be used on a layout!  And I made these even more heart-y by adding a Studio Calico wood veneer heart from the February 2016 Project Life Kit, right in the center of the fringe heart.


I used most of the embellishments in the White space on the layout, because I didn't want to cover up the pattern that I love so much.  But I felt like it needed a little touch of something else, so I splattered Black Color Shine over the layout (I always decide to do this at the end, so if you're like me, make sure you cover your photo).  Then I added a few of the Simple Stories enamel dots down the center of two of the patterned paper strips.

If you haven't had a chance to pick up the February 2016 Kits, then make sure you head over to the Hip Kit Club website.  You definitely want to get your order in, before it sells out!  And look for the reveal of our March 2016 Kits, coming up on February 15th!!

https://www.etsy.com/shop/TheCutShoppe

No comments:

Post a Comment