Monday, May 16, 2016

Crate Paper | Baby Love

This is a personal blog. All editorial content and projects are intellectual property of ashleyhortondesigns.com. I do receive compensation and material product from Crate Paper to develop my craft posts, but all ideas and opinions are my own.  

It's been a while since I've used any baby photos on my layouts, but I've just had to do some baby layouts with the adorable Little You collections from Crate Paper!  This layout uses the Little You Girl collection.  I used these photos on an upcoming mini album, and I thought I would add them to a layout too!


I wanted to use a mix of the patterned papers from the 6x6 paper pad, so I created a grid design background.  I cut 3x3 squares from the papers and then cut each of the squares into strips.  Then I placed them back together on a White cardstock background, keeping each square sized to 3x3.  I also alternated the strips for each square in a vertical and horizontal pattern.


This grid design allowed me to use multiple photos and add a lot of embellishments from the Little You collection.  You could add as many photos as you like to this type of grid design, since you have 16 squares.  I decided to go with four, and use one photo on each row.  And you could adjust the grid size by cutting your initial squares at a different size.


I tried to use a little bit of everything from the Little You collection to embellish the layout.  I wanted to have various dimension with the embellishments, so I used stickers, chipboard and ephemera pieces to add interest to the layout.

I love this collection, because it's perfect for baby photos, but could easily be adapted for other types of layouts.  No matter what you use it for, it's definitely going to be adorable!

 https://www.etsy.com/shop/TheCutShoppe

No comments:

Post a Comment