Wednesday, May 11, 2016

Hip Kit Club | Bike Love

This is a personal blog. All editorial content and projects are intellectual property of ashleyhortondesigns.com. I do receive compensation and material product from Hip Kit Club to develop my craft posts, but all ideas and opinions are my own.

I got to play with my April 2016 Hip Kit from Hip Kit Club, one more time before the May Kits arrived on my doorstep.  I wanted to use up as many goodies as possible from the April Kit & Add-On Kits.  I thought it would be fun to create a custom background look with patterned papers from the Main Kit and Paper Add-On Kit, and the March Smell the Roses cut file.


Here's a little run down of the papers I used: Elle's Studio, American Crafts, Pinkfresh Studio, and ‪Hip Kit Club exclusive papers. I just love the way all of the papers coordinate each month! I wanted to add texture to the background, so I machine stitched along the edges of the flower die cut.  Then I added my photo and clustered all of my embellishments and title around the photo. I used several pop dots to add dimension to the photo to help it stand out from the background. I had a good bit of the My Mind's Eye wood veneers left, so I used them to create a fun border down the left hand side of the photo.


To finish the layout, I embellished with several Shimelle stickers, Heidi Swapp paper clips, Simple Stories wood veneers, and Hip Kit Club exclusive cut aparts. This was a fun technique with the cut file, and a great challenge designing the rest of my layout around the background.


I loved working with the April Hip Kits and now I can't wait to dive into the May Kits!  If you haven't had a chance to see what's available in the May Kits, make sure you head over to the Hip Kit Club website to check them out.  They are amazing!!

No comments:

Post a Comment