Wednesday, May 4, 2016

Hip Kit Club | & Then This Happened

This is a personal blog. All editorial content and projects are intellectual property of ashleyhortondesigns.com. I do receive compensation and material product from Hip Kit Club to develop my craft posts, but all ideas and opinions are my own.

It's time to share my new layout this week for Hip Kit Club, using the April 2016 Hip Kit & Add-On Kits!  I decided to do something a little different with Kim Watson's April Subscriber cut file and use it as a stitching template.


I used the Silhouette Sketch Pens to draw the outline of the ampersand on one of the Amy Tangerine patterned papers from American Crafts, included in the April 2016 Main Kit and the April 2016 Paper Add-On Kit. After I hand-stitched with Black embroidery floss, I added my title with the Amy Tangerine letter stickers and the Elle's Studio letter stickers from the April 2016 Project Life Kit. Before adding more embellishments, I journaled around the outside of the ampersand shape, to tell the story behind my photo.


Then I thought it would be fun to fill in the rest of the ampersand with embellishments from ‪Simple Stories, My Mind's Eye, Pinkfresh Studio and Shimelle. I also added in some of the Amy Tangerine rub-ons from the April 2016 Main Kit. I finished things up with a little fringe action! I used the ‪Elle's Studio Ombre patterned paper with my fringe scissors to create a fringe border at the top and bottom of my layout.


This was a fun layout to put together, and I hope I inspired you with some new ideas for your next layout!  And if you would like to see my process video for this layout, you can check it out here!




And one more thing before you go...Hip Kit Club has a fun weekend planned for NSD 2016!  You can join us in the Hip Kit Club member forum on Facebook for challenges, giveaways and inspiration.  Here's a look at the schedule of all of the challenges for Saturday and Sunday!

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1517288525193552/

http://www.hipkitclub.net/

https://www.etsy.com/shop/TheCutShoppe

No comments:

Post a Comment