Friday, May 13, 2016

Pink Paislee | Embrace Life

This is a personal blog. All editorial content and projects are intellectual property of ashleyhortondesigns.com. I do receive compensation and material product from Pink Paislee to develop my craft posts, but all ideas and opinions are my own. 

It's Mixed Media week on the Pink Paislee Blog!  Mixed Media can be really fun or really intimidating for some people.  I had a layout on the Blog on Wednesday, that shares a fun technique for expert or beginner Mixed Media users. 



I thought it would be fun to add watercolors to a cut file, and match the watercolors to the Fancy Free collection by Paige Evans.  I started the layout, by cutting the Sassy Circles cut file from The Cut Shoppe, which is a cut and fold design.  I cut the design from White cardstock, and before folding the circles to the front, I painted each one with watercolor paints.  This way, I could paint the circle halves without getting any paint on the front side of the layout.


Once the paint dried, I folded each of the circle halves over and then adding stitching with my sewing machine.  I wanted to balance the circle design at the top of the page, so I punched the fun circles from one of the Fancy Free papers and added them to the bottom portion of the layout.  I also wanted to continue the stitching, so I hand stitched around each of the punched patterned paper circles, with White embroidery floss.


After the background work was finished, I was ready to add my photo and embellishments.  I wanted to keep the photo and embellishments clustered, to keep from covering up too much of the background.  I also chose to do a Black & White photo, because I really love the contrast with the bright colors from the Fancy Free collection.  


I hope you will give this watercolor technique a try on your next layout!  It's fun and easy to coordinate your watercolors with a scrapbook collection, and create a unique Mixed Media look!

https://www.etsy.com/shop/TheCutShoppe

No comments:

Post a Comment