Friday, May 20, 2016

Crate Paper | Tiny Little You

This is a personal blog. All editorial content and projects are intellectual property of ashleyhortondesigns.com. I do receive compensation and material product from Crate Paper to develop my craft posts, but all ideas and opinions are my own.

This week the Crate Paper Design Team has been sharing ideas for mini albums!  There are so many ways to create a mini album, but my personal preference is creating my own base pages. If you’re not into that, there are a lot of pre-made albums out there that would work great with the Crate Paper products you already have on hand!


The Little You Girl collection was the perfect choice for the album I wanted to create.  
I have plenty of baby photos, of all three kids, taken over the past 10 years! This album could definitely be adapted for a little boy using the Little You boy collection or you could create an everyday mini album, using any of the other Crate Paper collections.


My first step for this album, was deciding on a shape. I decided to cut a star shape from 10 of the patterned papers included in the Little You 6x6 paper pad. This was really easy to do with my Silhouette Cameo. If you don’t own a die cut machine, you could print out or draw your own template to trace onto patterned paper to create your album base pages. My stars are sized just a bit smaller than 6x6 inches, to fit on the 6x6 patterned papers. Once all of the stars were finished cutting, I adhered two of them together back to back, with a touch of adhesive. Then I stitched around the outside edge of each of the page sets to create visual interest and texture.


Usually the hardest part of a mini album for me is embellishing. But I didn’t have that problem with this mini album, because there are so many adorable embellishments in the Little You collection. I created my cover for the album first, using part of the vellum sheet, chipboard, clip and Thickers for our daughter’s initials.


I printed five photos, sized to 2x2 inches, to place inside the album. I had a total of 10 pages for the album, but wanted some of them to be decorative, rather than include a photo. I added two of the photos to the first two inside pages, with embellishments from the Little You collection. Then I alternated the rest of the album with photo pages and decorative pages.


Once I completed all of the pages for the album, I used a Crop-A-Dile punch to make a small hole on the left point of each of my star pages. I placed each of the pages in order on a metal ring that can be found at local craft stores. But I wasn’t done there! I wanted something a little more decorative than the ring just by itself, so I tied two of the Maggie Holmes Bloom tassels around the ring. The pink tassels were perfect with the pink in the Little You collection.


Thanks for stopping by and I hope you've found some inspiration for your next mini album!

https://www.etsy.com/shop/TheCutShoppe

No comments:

Post a Comment