Wednesday, July 6, 2016

Hip Kit Club | Let Your Little Light Shine

This is a personal blog. All editorial content and projects are intellectual property of ashleyhortondesigns.com. I do receive compensation and material product from Hip Kit Club to develop my craft posts, but all ideas and opinions are my own.

It's time to share a new layout for Hip Kit Club using the June 2016 Hip Kits!  I used our June Subscriber cut file on this layout and our June Mood Board for a bit of inspiration. I grabbed the Simple Stories ‪Sunshine and Happiness geometric patterned paper to layer behind the light bulb cut file.  The diamonds on the Mood Board are a fun geometric shape, and they inspired me to go with the Simple Stories geometric pattern.  I also loved the wood wall hanging and used the Hip Kit Club exclusive wood grain paper from the June 2016 Main Kit.



I also thought it would be fun to add some hand stitching with embroidery floss that coordinated with the colors in the Simple Stories paper. After I finished all of my stitching, I placed my photo and pulled out several ephemera pieces from our Hip Kit Club exclusives included in each month's kits.


I wanted to create some clusters with the ephemera pieces and placed them on the layout in a visual triangle. I wanted all of the embellishments and my title to be layered over the light bulb cut file. For the title, I used a mix of the Simple Stories letter stickers and Jillibean Soup ‪Beanboard Alphas‬. I had fun mixing the cut file with the various ephemera pieces on this layout, and loved the way everything came together!


You can check out my new Process Video for more details on how the layout came together.


 https://www.etsy.com/shop/TheCutShoppe

No comments:

Post a Comment