Monday, July 4, 2016

Pink Paislee | Fancy Free Cards

This is a personal blog. All editorial content and projects are intellectual property of ashleyhortondesigns.com. I do receive compensation and material product from Pink Paislee to develop my craft posts, but all ideas and opinions are my own.

Take your journaling out of your hand made cards, and feature it on the front of your cards!  There are some fun journaling tags included with the Pink Paislee Fancy Free collection by Paige Evans, that are perfect for adding a decorative journaling look to the front of your cards!


For my first card, I added the Favorites journaling tag to the front of the card. Before placing it on my card base, I journaled some “favorites” in the available spaces on the tag.  The hand-writing on the front of the card adds a personal touch that you can’t find on store bought cards! I used pop dots behind the journaling tag to give it dimension. I liked having the dimension from the pops dots because it allowed me to tuck in some fussy cut flowers, stickers, and buttons.


On the second card, I continued using the journaling tags from the Fancy Free collection. This time, I thought it would be fun to use the tags as the design element on the front of my card. I cut my card base from cardstock and then arranged the journaling tags until I liked the composition. Once I had the tags in place, I added a bit of adhesive to hold them in place and then ran the card through my sewing machine to emphasize the handmade look and secure the tags to the card. I used a mix of hand cut letters and Thickers from the Fancy Free collection to add the sentiment to the card. And I completed the card with a couple of the cute puffy sticker hearts!


Both of these card designs were a bit different from what I normally create, but I loved the challenge of looking at journaling on cards in a new way. Don’t be afraid to step out of your comfort zone and find ways to use journaling in a different way on your next project!

https://www.etsy.com/shop/TheCutShoppe

No comments:

Post a Comment