Saturday, July 23, 2016

Pink Paislee | Book Lover

This is a personal blog. All editorial content and projects are intellectual property of ashleyhortondesigns.com. I do receive compensation and material product from Pink Paislee to develop my craft posts, but all ideas and opinions are my own.

This past week, the Pink Paislee Design Team shared projects using Grid Designs.  I love using grids on my layouts!  There are so many different ways to use them.  You can use grids to add multiple photos to your layouts or just one like I did and still have plenty of room for your favorite patterned papers and embellishments.


I knew I wanted to do a symmetrical grid design for this layout, but wanted to do something a bit different with the layout title. So I hit Pinterest for some inspiration and found this fun design. I loved the way the letters were included in the squares and I wanted to recreate the look for my layout. I cut each of my squares from the Fancy Free 6×6 paper pad a bit smaller than 3×3″, so I could fit four squares across the layout. I used my Silhouette Cameo to cut the letters in the squares that I needed for the title, Book Lover.



I only had one photo for this layout since it was just snapped in a moment of reading at the library. I sized it to the same dimensions as the patterned paper squares and added one of the puffy stickers over the photo to make it stand out. I also wanted the title letters to stand out more, so I hand stitched around each one with embroidery floss that coordinated with the colors in the Fancy Free collection.




I finished the layout with a variety of embellishments including ephemera pieces, wood veneers, chipboard, and buttons. I liked that each of the square spaces had its own type of embellishment.



If you missed any of the projects this past week, head over to the Pink Paislee Blog to see how everyone used grids!


https://www.etsy.com/shop/TheCutShoppe

No comments:

Post a Comment