Friday, July 8, 2016

Pink Paislee | Silly Selfies

This is a personal blog. All editorial content and projects are intellectual property of ashleyhortondesigns.com. I do receive compensation and material product from Pink Paislee to develop my craft posts, but all ideas and opinions are my own.

Selfies are a scrapbookers best friend!  Thanks to our phones (or IPads) and the Selfie Stick, it's so easy to snap photos anywhere and everywhere.  All this week, the Pink Paislee Design Team shared Selfie projects on the Blog.  I wanted to stop in and share the layout I had up earlier this week, using a family selfie and the Fancy Free collection by Paige Evans.



I started my layout with a cut file that had a cut and fold design. I liked that the cut file let me incorporate multiple patterned papers from the Fancy Free collection and it was also a circle shape which is one of my favorite shapes to use on a layout! After I added some machine stitching around the cut file, I placed my photo near the center heart of the cut file.


Next came the embellishing and I spared no embellishment! One reason I love a circle design is because of the space around the shape to add embellishments. I used a mix of the buttons, wood veneers, puffy stickers, and ephemera around the die cut circle. I wanted a large title to balance out the embellishing, so I used the Paige Thickers to create a vertical title along half of the folded cut file.



I finished the layout with a few embellishments to emphasize the photo. I used the big wood veneer arrow to draw attention to the photo and placed ephemera, chipboard, and puffy stickers around the photo to make it stand out. I also liked having the contrast of the black & white photo with all of the colors from the Fancy Free collection.


Selfies are perfect for your paper crafting projects, and they also give you a chance to get out from behind the camera and in your family photos!!

 https://www.etsy.com/shop/TheCutShoppe

No comments:

Post a Comment