Wednesday, April 1, 2015

A Flair For Buttons | Today Is the Day

Don't you love it, when an idea for a layout actually translates onto paper, exactly the way you imagined it!!  I've had this idea of creating a layered heart, floating around for a while and I finally sat down to create a layout using the design!  Because the layered heart was the main focal point of my design, I didn't want to cover it with my photos and embellishments.  So I decided to take a fun approach, and arrange my photos, embellishments and Flair Buttons around the perimeter of the die cut hearts.  I thought the Wood Words Flair set paired perfectly with the Crate Paper products that I used on my layout...plus it's one of my most favorite sets from the A Flair for Buttons Shop!!




I added the Flair Buttons around three points of the heart shape.  They help to draw your eye around the design, making sure that your eye goes to the photos and around the heart shape, to get a look at all of the embellishments.  And since all three of the Flair Buttons are from the same set, it helps add a cohesive look to the layout.
 
This type of design, would be fun to use with a lot of shapes.  You're not just limited to hearts...how about a circle, hexagon, triangle, or diamond!  And I went with three Flair Buttons for this layout, but this would be a great way to get a lot of your favorite Flair added to a layout!

If you're looking for a great set of Flair to use on your next layout or project, I highly recommend the Wood Words Flair!  I think I'm going to have to request another pack myself, because I've pretty much used all of the ones I had, in this set!!

Il_570xN.641516795_4a29
Supplies:  Flair Buttons:  A Flair for Buttons; Patterned Paper & Chipboard: Crate Paper; Wood Veneers & Letter Stickers:  Elle's Studio; Enamel Dots:  Freckled Fawn; Tiny Attacher:  Tim Holtz; Die Cut Machine:  Silhouette Cameo

No comments:

Post a Comment