Wednesday, June 10, 2015

American Crafts | Scrap Space

It's Scrap Space week on the American Crafts Blog, and I was up with a look at my scrappy space yesterday!

Your favorite time of day to scrap: We are a home school family, so my favorite time to scrap is right after we finish school work. The kids like to watch tv or play outside so that gives me time to create before it's time to get dinner ready!


How long do you usually sit down and create? I like to "attempt" to complete a layout in one sitting, so ideally I like to spend at least an hour and a half at my desk. If that's not possible, I'll work as much as I can and then return later when I have time.


What is your favorite scrapbooking tool? My favorite scrapbooking tool is definitely my Silhouette Cameo! You can use it for so many things, from titles, to embellishments, and fun backgrounds. I use it on 99% of my layouts. 

How long have you been scrapping? I started scrapbooking in 2006 and I'm still going strong!



Do you have a favorite method of storage? I like to use clear plastic bins to store my collections. Each collection is placed in a large 13 inch zip lock bag and then placed in the plastic bins by manufacturer. Small baskets and bowls are also a great way to store small embellishments.

Do you ever purge your supplies? If so, how often? I usually purge anywhere from 6 months to a year. My philosophy is: if it's something I haven't used in the past year, then I'm probably not going to.


Is this your dream space or do you have ideas for something else? I do love that I have an area that is specifically set aside for my supplies and craft area. But that area is currently shared in our bedroom. So I would definitely love to have a designated scrapbook room somewhere down the road!

https://www.etsy.com/shop/TheCutShoppe?show_panel=true

No comments:

Post a Comment