Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Simple Stories | Summer Vibes & So Fancy

Today, I'm here to share two new Simple Stories layouts with you, for the month of June!  How is it June already??!!  Time flies when you're having fun!  And I must admit, that I am having tons of fun with the new collections from Simple Stories.  On today's layouts, I worked with the Summer Vibes collection and the So Fancy collection. 

I'll start off with my layout, using Summer Vibes, since summer is now upon us!  There is a little touch of a vintage vibe to this collection and I really love it!  I started my layout by choosing one of my favorite patterns to work with...wood grain!  The wood grain paper from the Summer Vibes Simple Basics Kit made a perfect background for my layout, and worked great with the large title I had in mind.


I chose the "You Can Never Have Too Much Happy" phrase from the Simple Stories images in the Silhouette Store.  Before cutting the phrase, I created an offset image in Silhouette Studio and used a Black sketch pen to draw out the phrase on my paper.  Then I deleted the offset lines and went back and cut the phrase by placing my blade back in the machine.  Once the cutting finished, I backed each of the words with a different patterned paper from the Summer Vibes 6x6 Patterned Paper Pad.

 
I enlarged the title to fill up my background, but created a space in between the last two lines of the phrase.  This gave me the perfect spot for adding my photos and a mix of embellishments from the Summer Vibes collection.  I created dimension by layering the Chipboard Frames, Chipboard Stickers, Bradz, Bits & Pieces and stickers.



If you're looking for fun ways to incorporate cut files and large titles in your layouts, then make sure you check out the Simple Stories portfolio in the Silhouette Store.  There are tons of great cut files that coordinate with each of the Simple Stories collections!

Supplies:

White Wood/Grid Patterned Paper #6316
Expressions Cardstock Stickers #6303
6x6 Paper Pad #6322
Bradz #6327
Chipboard Stickers #6328
Bits & Pieces #6329
Enamel Dots #6331
Chipboard Frames #6338

Now, it's time to go girly with the new So Fancy collection!  I have two daughters and the So Fancy papers and embellishments are perfect for your girly layouts.  I snapped a photo of our oldest daughter on a recent family vacation, and I wanted to pair it with this collection.


The idea for the design of this layout, started with the cards from the So Fancy SN@P pack.  I chose three that I wanted to use to create a grid design on my layout, along with my photo.  Before I placed the cards and photo on the background paper, I added a messy stitched circle with my sewing machine.  Then I started layering the cards and my photo.



I also did something on this layout that's a little different for me.  I didn't create a separate title for the layout.  A lot of the cards in the SN@P packs have great phrases on them, so I decided to use "You Make My World Sparkle" from the top card, as the title for my layout.  And the bottom two cards worked great as supporting sentiments for the layout.



Since I had the stitched circle in the background, I thought it would be fun to contrast the grid shape, by adding my embellishments in a circle around the grid.  I went through the Bits & Pieces pack, stickers, enamel dots and Bradz to pull out embellishments that would work well around the circle.  And I even pulled out a couple of wood veneer pieces from the I AM collection, to add a different texture to the layout!

So next time you're looking for a different design element on your layout, take out your SN@P pack and build your page off of some of your favorite cards from the pack!

Supplies:
Pink Watercolor/Triangles Patterned Paper #6419
6x6 Paper Pad #6422
Fundamentals Cardstock Stickers #6402
Expressions Cardstock Stickers #6403
SN@P! Cards #6423
Enamel Dots #6427
Chipboard Stickers #6428
Bits & Pieces #6429
Bradz #6431
Photo Stickers #6433
Chipboard Frames #6438
I AM Wood Veneer #4541


https://www.etsy.com/shop/TheCutShoppe?show_panel=true

No comments:

Post a Comment