Tuesday, July 14, 2015

A Flair for Buttons | All About Summer

This is a personal blog. All editorial content and projects are intellectual property of ashleyhortondesigns.com. I do receive compensation and material product from A Flair for Buttons to develop my craft posts, but all ideas and opinions are my own.
 
Do you have a few favorite things, that you like to use on your layouts?  I do!  Some are Flair Buttons from A Flair for Buttons (of course), embroidery floss for stitching, circle shapes and clusters.  And it's always fun to create a layout that incorporates all of your favorites onto one layout!  I've had the cute Summer Vibes Flair set, that the Team used last week during the AFFB and Simple Stories Team Up, and I just had to go ahead and use it on this layout.



I knew I wanted to add the Summer Vibes Flair into two large clusters on each side of my photo.  Before I started placing my photo and embellishments, I created a large string art pie chart in the background.  The inspiration for the string art pie chart came from the cute pie charts included in the Simple Stories Summer Vibes collection, and I knew I wanted to use some of those pie charts in my clusters.




I knew the embellishment clusters would be perfect for this layout, because I didn't want to cover a lot of the string art, but still wanted to make the most out of my embellishments.  And the Summer Vibes Flair Buttons worked great for adding in more dimension with the stickers, Bits and Brads from Simple Stories.

You definitely don't want to miss out on this fun Flair set, so make sure you stop by the A Flair for Buttons Etsy Shop, to pick it up!  And I'm sure you'll find several other sets, that you just have to have, while you are there!  I know I always do!!



Summer Vibes
Supplies:  Flair:  A Flair for Buttons; Patterned Paper, Bradz, Bits, Stickers & Enamel Dots:  Simple Stories; All Tied Up Cut File:  The Cut Shoppe; Color Shine:  Heidi Swapp; Thickers:  American Crafts; Die Cut Machine:  Silhouette Cameo 

https://www.etsy.com/shop/TheCutShoppe

No comments:

Post a Comment