Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Hip Kit Club | Lunch @ Ralphie's

This is a personal blog. All editorial content and projects are intellectual property of ashleyhortondesigns.com. I do receive compensation and material product from Hip Kit Club to develop my craft posts, but all ideas and opinions are my own.
 
I love the colors of the patterned papers in the July 2015 Hip Kits from Hip Kit Club!  And the patterns are great too.  Perfect for adding color to your layout.  I decided to use a mix of papers from the Main Kit and the July Paper Add-On Kit, behind a cut file, to bring in some color, without overwhelming the page.  The photo on this layout, is from A Christmas Story house, from our visit to Ohio back in May.  I thought the Hip2BSquare background cut file from The Cut Shoppe would go perfectly with the retro look in the photo.




https://www.etsy.com/listing/204749891/the-hip2bsquare-background-cut-file-is?ref=shop_home_active_22


I used the Backyard Lights patterned paper from October Afternoon, for the background paper.  I didn't want a solid background, so this paper was great, because it still had a pattern, but wasn't really busy.  Then I backed some of the open spaces of the cut file and left some spaces open, for the background paper to show through.  And I added one of the Simple Stories chipboard frames from the July 2015 Embellishment Kit, behind my photo, to help it stand out from the background.


I used a few more of the Simple Stories frames around the page, and added a mix of embellishments to the center of each frame.  The Elle's Studio wood veneers and Bits went perfectly with the theme of my layout.  I finished by adding a bit of Black Color Shine, for some contrast on my layout.



This would also be a fun technique to try with the scraps from your Kits.  Those small pieces of patterned paper are great for filling open spaces in cut files!  

https://www.etsy.com/shop/TheCutShoppe

No comments:

Post a Comment