Thursday, July 9, 2015

Hip Kit Club | Just Keep Swimming

This is a personal blog. All editorial content and projects are intellectual property of ashleyhortondesigns.com. I do receive compensation and material product from Hip Kit Club to develop my craft posts, but all ideas and opinions are my own.

As soon as the July 2015 Hip Kit & Add-On Kits, arrived on my doorstep, I had to get it open and sorted!  And then I immediately started on my first layout!!  I just couldn’t wait to use all of those new goodies.  There is always one paper every month, that catches my eye and this month it was the Sunshine paper from October Afternoon, included in the July 2015 Main Kit and the July 2015 Paper Add-On Kit.  I really love the burst pattern, and decided to machine stitch down each row.  After I finished my stitching, I used the Abandoned Coral Distress Paint from the July 2015 Color Add-On Kit to add some splatters to the background.  I added some of the Distress Paint to plastic packaging and then used a brush with a little bit of water, to pick up the color and splatter it on the background.


I layered two photos over the fun cards included in the July 2015 Project Life Kit, and placed them in the center of the burst pattern.  I also used the Heidi Swapp wood veneer arrows, included in the Project Life Kit, to point toward the photos.  I decided to add the title to the right of my photos and I used a mix of the October Afternoon Letter Stickers and AC Thickers, from the Main Kit and the Project Life Kit.


I finished the layout, by adding several die cut hearts, cut from the Crate Paper Poolside paper.  Once the hearts were placed on the layout, in a scattered look, I added machine stitching down the center of each one.  I also printed my journaling on White cardstock and cut it into strips to add below the photos.


If you haven’t had a chance to get the July 2015 Hip Kit & Add-On Kits, make sure you visit the Hip Kit website to pick them up!  And if you become a new Subscriber, you will receive a FREE Paper Add-On with your Subscription!  Just use the Code ashley, when you sign up for your subscription!

Paper_Ashley

https://www.etsy.com/shop/TheCutShoppe

No comments:

Post a Comment