Sunday, February 12, 2012

Cutting It Close!!!

Normally, I don't like waiting til the last minute to get a layout done, but this is the first chance I've had to squeeze in my page for CSI's Case File #5.  The challenge closes later tonight and I've actually had this page planned since the Case was posted, but I could never find the time to sit down and do it.  But I managed to have a little extra time today and fortunately had some coordinating products for this one and I ended up getting it done pretty quickly.




This month started a new selection of inspiration photos and I really liked the color scheme for this week's challenge.  From the evidence category, I chose to use leaves, corners, and creating a border out of small elements (the small rub-ons from October Afternoon).  I journaled from a back story perspective, for the Testimony portion of the challenge.  These photos offered a perfect opportunity to tell about my son's picky eating habits.  He was so difficult to feed as a baby.  Sometimes he would only drink an ounce or two from his bottle, but if you tried giving it to him a few minutes later he would throw a fit.  We usually ended up having to make a whole new bottle and then he would drink the whole thing!!  When we moved into the baby food stage, he refused to eat it at all.  He didn't even like the fruits!!!  Even now, he won't eat things he doesn't recognize and he WON'T let you feed him at all...IE, putting something on his fork and trying to put it in his mouth...nope, doesn't go for that.  I'm sure this is all just a stage he is going through and in the near future, he will probably be eating us out of house and home!!

Products Used:

Patterned Paper:  Glitz Design & October Afternoon
Stickers & Rub Ons:  October Afternoon
Acrylic Stamps:  Close to My Heart
Thickers:  American Crafts
Font:  CK Jolly Elf
Ink:  Tim Holtz
Pen:  Sharpie & Zig
Edgers:  Provo Craft 

6 comments:

  1. this is super cute! great job with the challenge

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another FANTASTIC layout Ashley! you can really rock these colors! They work well with your style. Great story behind the layout...I always love that about your projects! :) Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. so adorable!! love those bright colors and the fruit at the top, cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loving the fun veggie patterns!! Super cute and it fits so well with the case file. This layout is really great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love love love this!! ADORABLE photos and loving the colors.... and loving the big alphas! I have those too!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your stamped and cut out title! The grey is a great contrast :)

    ReplyDelete