Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Taking on the Challenge!

I have two layouts to share in today's post and don't think I have holiday schizophrenia, because I have a Christmas layout and an Easter layout!!  :)  I am still participating in the Challenge Week at Bella Blvd.  The first layout is for Monday's challenge and the second is for today's challenge.  I actually finished the one posted yesterday on that actual day and you can see it here.

Okay, so here goes.  The Challenge on Monday, was to use Bella's Cute Cuts on your layouts.  Each Bella Blvd. line has a 12x12 sheet that has cut outs that coordinate with that specific line.  These are fun to cut and add some embellies to, to make them your own.  I have the Christmas Wishes line and since I still have Christmas photos to scrap, I broke out my collection.



   
I cut the Christmas tree and presents from the Cute Cuts page and I added some baker's twine to each of the gifts.  I stitched some garland on the Christmas tree with embroidery floss and punched out 3 circles from one of the border strip pages.  I added a pop dot under each one and used my Sakura pen to draw the little star decoration on each one.  I also added a dotted outline to the chipboard letters in the word Christmas with the white Sakura pen.

Products Used:

Patterned Paper, Stickers, Cute Cuts, Chipboard Alpahs:  Bella Blvd.
Brads:  The Paper Studio
Buttons:  Michael's
Baker's Twine:  The Twinery
Embroidery Floss:  Janlynn
Pen:  Sakura
Edgers:  Provo Craft
Punch:  Marvy

This second layout is for today's challenge, which is using patterned paper as an embellishment.  This is a GREAT way to stretch your scrapbooking budget!!  All scrappers have paper, and there are tons of great patterns out there that you can fussy cut or make flowers, banners, stars...whatever!!  The possibilities are endless.  I used the Spring Flings and Easter Things for this page and there are SO MANY cute ways to make embellies out of these papers!!  There were already some adorable Easter Eggs on the Cute Cuts page, so I used two of those.  I traced the bigger egg onto the pink and white chevron paper and then layered a couple of other patterns to "decorate" my egg.  Finally, I used a small flower punch and added a brad to the center and placed it on the Easter Egg.  I also free-handed a couple of clouds (I have an addiction to clouds) and then cut the sun with SCAL.


  

Products Used:

Cardstock:  The Paper Studio
Patterned Paper, Cute Cuts, Stickers:  Bella Blvd.
Brads:  The Paper Studio
Punch:  Marvy
Rick Rack:  The Paper Studio
Pen:  Zig Memory System

So now, I am actually up to date for the challenges this week!!  These have been a lot of fun and who doesn't love using Bella Blvd goodies on their layouts??!!  I am looking forward to the next two days and the challenges that Shannon will be posting!

4 comments:

  1. These are both so cute, Ashley! You really rock at scrapping holidays...my weak spot! I haven't even touched my Christmas photos yet! I love how you dressed up the tree and gifts, and those darling Easter eggs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are awesome Ashley! Love the photo with the hard hat on your Christmas layout! I also love the Easter layout. I can't wait for Spring. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. these are so cute, I love the brightness of the Christmas one and the title is great! Love the Easter eggs on the other one, sooo cute, and the way you placed the photos is really cool :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are both fabulous! I love your designs and your color choices.

    ReplyDelete