Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Two "Love"ly Layouts

Happy Valentines Day, everyone!!  I hope you get to enjoy a day with your sweetie or maybe indulge in some yummy chocolates!  Today, I am spending my day celebrating Valentines with our church's Homeschool group.  Last year, we decided to get together and let the kids exchange Valentine's and planned to do it again this year.  Hubby and I don't really ever have any special plans for Valentine's Day, because we feel like we celebrate Valentine's together all year long.  :)  I know, mushy right??!!

Okay, now on to the layouts.  I thought since today is all about LOVE, I would share two layouts that follow along that theme.  The first is one I created as one of my DT assignments for my local Scrapbook store, Scraphappy Pensacola.  I got some of the BoBunny goodies, from their Gift of Love collection and used them today with some of the photos that I took of my oldest daughter getting her Valentine's ready for the party.  I loved the big shaped heart and sometimes those kinds of shapes can be overwhelming, but I think it worked great layering all of my other page elements over the heart.




Products Used:

Patterned Paper, Stickers, Brads:  BoBunny
Baker's Twine:  The Twinery
Faux Pearls:  Recollections
Punch:  Marvy

The second layout, is for the weekly issue challenge at Club CK.  Our challenge this week, was to use a calendar on our layouts.  I've had these cute little calendar sheets from Jenni Bowlin forever and I knew that it would work perfectly for this challenge.  I also scraplifted this page, from the front cover of the CK March/April 2012 issue.  I loved Maggie Holmes "Sweet Baby" layout as soon as I saw it and her design was a great way to get my page done quickly.

 

My sister in law gave this stuffed puppy to our son 2 years ago for Christmas and ever since then, it usually goes everywhere with him and is always with him at nap time and bed time.  I love that he has a "friend", because neither of the girls ever had that one toy that they were attached to as toddlers, so I think it's sweet to see my little boy have a special stuffed animal.

That's all I have for now, but I hope you enjoy your Valentine's and that you have a "love"ly day!!  :)

Products Used:


Patterned Paper:  Echo Park & October Afternoon
Puffies:  KI Memories
Calendar:  Jenni Bowlin
Buttons:  Blumenthal Lansing
Brads:  Bazzill & The Paper Studio
Punch:  Marvy
Thickers:  American Crafts
Clear Tiny Type:  Cosmo Cricket
Embroidery Floss:  Janlynn
Pen:  Sharpie

11 comments:

  1. These are both great, Ashley. I love the big heart on the first- that torn circle flower is awesome. And the close up of the little puffy puppy- just adorable. Love the stitching around it!
    Nice work, love it as always!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love em both!! The second with the story of the puppy is just too cute!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are both lovely! I love how you used the Bo Bunny..great design! The story of the puppy is just so heartwarming. Both layouts...fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. those pages are sooo cute! Happy Valentine's day to you too, hope your playgroup is fun...I love the calendar on your second page, isn't Maggie Holmes the best, LOVE her work, so fun and funky!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute layouts! So very girly and so very boy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You always seem to put just the right amount of embellishments on to make it look so thought out and put together! I love these 2 pages from you! They are so darling! Love is in the air at your house! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love both of these layouts! The heart is gorgeous and that torn paper flower is beautiful! I love the pictures of your son's stuffy! So cute, and all the elements are so boyish! Love them!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The big heart is so eye catching and love the composition! My son had several stuffed animals he was attached to, now I'm going to have to dig out htose photos :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Both layouts definitely are "lovely!!!" I really adore the big heart on the first one, and that super cute fuzzy puppy and the mini calendar on the second one. Great work as always!!

    ReplyDelete