Thursday, February 23, 2012

Fall Back

Well yesterday, I shared a Christmas and Easter layout, so why not Fall today??!!  This is my fourth layout this week for the Challenges at Bella Blvd.  Today's challenge, was to use the border strip papers from the Bella collections.  I love the fun border papers included with each line of the Bella collections and use them a lot on my pages.  Since I did a Fall layout today, my choice of papers came from the Finally Fall line (which is one of my FAVORITE lines of all time so far!!).  I cut some of the border strips and used them for the long banner on the left-hand side of my page and I cut three others to frame in at the top and bottom of my page.




Since my page was about our favorite activity, the Hay Ride, at our church's annual Fall Festival, I decided to use some twine I have had forever and make my own hay bale embellies for the page.  I just cut out two varying size circles and used my glue gun to spin the twine around the circle.  I thought about using my Glubers, but since the twine is so coarse, I thought hot glue would probably be my best course of action.  I've loved using my white Gelly Roll Sakura pen lately and I used it to add in some of the letters in my title and, for my journaling, and to add a little faux stitching to the punched circles.  

I have to say I am a BIG fan of having coordinated collections to get a page done quickly.  This page is as "extravagant" as most of my other layouts, but it took about half of the time, since I already had everything put together in the Finally Fall line.  I didn't have to spend half of my time searching for coordinating papers and embellies.  But it can also be fun doing that search through all of your stash trying to find just the right papers to put together...just not when I'm in a hurry!  :)

Products Used:

Patterned Paper, Cute Cuts, Chipboard Alphas:  Bella Blvd.

Mini Market Stickers:  October Afternoon
Brads:  The Paper Studio
Buttons:  Michael's
Pen:  Sakura
Font:  CK Journaling
Ink:  Memento
Embroidery Floss:  Janlynn
Embossing:  Sizzix & The Paper Studio
Edgers:  Provo Craft
Punch:  Marvy
Other:  Twine      

7 comments:

  1. I love fall too! Cute page! Love all the little extras:)
    ~Kim

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the way you did the traced alpha for the title! Perfect solution for a missing alpha in a set.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is absolutley fabulous Ashley! I love the colors of this collection, and your title and haybails are TOO CUTE!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is GORGEOUS Ashley! I love love love love the photos, the circles and LOVING the hay barrels!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. how very cute this is!! love the hay bales, we love the hay ride too, so fun!! what a great page to remember your fun time together :) I am also a fan of coordinating product, I made a page last night with all new Dear Lizzy and it came together so nicely.

    ReplyDelete
  6. this page rocks!!! I love the white you used for the journaling! the twine is too cool and you used the border strips really well!

    ReplyDelete