Thursday, February 2, 2012

I Love This Hobby!!

When I have a photo like this one, it just reminds me so much why I LOVE Scrapbooking.  It's not a photo from a big event or any special occasion, just one of my son in his car seat with a huge smile on his face and his bright, blue eyes sparkling!!  But I am so glad I have this photo, because that moment, with that exact smile, at that exact age is something that will never be repeated again.  How amazing to have the photo and be able to document it and have the memory preserved!!  

  

I also had the chance to incorporate two challenges into this layout.  The first challenge is the Jan./Feb. Issue Challenge #6, which is posted each week at Club CK by my friend Erika.  Our challenge was to create a hybrid layout.  This was a great challenge and almost everyone of my layouts usually incorporates my computer in some way.  I had the Little Boy collection from Echo Park, so I used it for the traditional aspect on my layout.  I also have a ton of digi files and several of them are from Echo Park too.  So I printed some of the digi elements from the Sidewalks collection-clouds, flowers, and tags (which I added the words to)-printed them out and added them to the page.

The second challenge is Workout #61 at ScrapFIT, to use a blank canvas...basically starting with a white background.  I hardly ever used white backgrounds in the past for the base of my layouts, but I've found recently that I really like it.  It just makes the patterned paper colors pop and everything looks so crisp and clean!

Thanks for visiting today and I hope you will have time to check out these fun challenges this week or maybe find some different ones to participate in and get your creative juices flowing!!  :)

Products Used:

Cardstock:  Die Cuts with a View
Patterned Paper & Stickers:  Echo Park
Digi Elements:  Echo Park
Fonts:  Scrapbaby & Brady Bunch
Brads:  The Paper Studio
Embroidery Floss:  Janlynn

11 comments:

  1. This is adorable! I love all of the bright colors!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun, colorful layout! That is a sweet smile from your son! I love pictures and memories like these! And you can't help but love his little dimples too! Great job on these challenges Ashley!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love Love Love that photo! and I love scrapbooking too. TFS this with us and the reminder of how important it is to scrap!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is way too cute, Ashley. And I agree, the best photos and layouts are those that capture the "right now" moments, that you want to hold on to. That's the majority of what I scrap!! Reese is a little heartbreaker :) So cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a little charmer you have here!! How could you ever say no to those beautiful blue eyes?! Love the bright colors on your layout!

    barb :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful page! I hope to take part in the challenges too! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are so right---this is an amazing hobby! I love your layout and how you incorporated both challenges. Thanks for playing along at ScrapFIT!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Soooooooooooooo cute cute cute! I loveeeeeeeeeeee the photo and those colors are AWESOME! :):):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is precious! Love the photo and the bright happy colors---I adore the teeny clouds! Thanks for working out with ScrapFIT!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love what you did with the white canvas and that photo is just adorable. Thanks so much for playing along at ScrapFIT

    ReplyDelete
  11. WOW!! This is a fabulous photo to work with!!! What great memories you'll have wrapped up in this gorgeous LO! Love the fun elements and you used the white so perfectly!! Thanks for joining us in the Blank Canvas Workout at ScrapFIT!! ~ Blessings

    http://gracescraps.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete