Friday, February 17, 2012

Summer Shower

TGIF!!  Hopefully everyone has had a great week, but if not, hey the weekend is almost here so get ready for a little R & R!  And if things are going really good for you this weekend, maybe you'll even get a little time to sit down and work on some layouts or projects!!  If you do, come stop by Frosted Designs today and check out our Fabulous Friday challenge to use Brads and/or Eyelets on your layout or project.  I love using Brads on my layouts, so this was a fun challenge to work with.  

 


I used several of the small Bazzill brads to create the look of raindrops falling from the cloud embellishments.  And I also used some of the copper-toned brads from The Paper Studio in the centers of the circles that I fussy cut from some Jillibean Soup papers.  I really had a lot of fun designing this page and actually submitted it to one of the Scrapbook Trends calls, but never got a response...but oh well, I still ended up with a fabulous page that I absolutely love!!  :)

To create the umbrella for this page, I used my Expression to cut an SVG file and then traced it on a piece of white paper.  Then I drew off the umbrella sections, cut each one and then re-traced it onto the Jillibean patterned paper.  I cut out each of the sections and then matched them in place on my SVG cut piece.  I added the dark brown stitching to give each of the sections a little more definition and then dressed it up with the pom pom trim, baker's twine, and button at the top.

For the word "Summer" in my title, I also cut the word on my Expression.  Then I placed the negative of the word on my background paper and used orange acrylic paint on bubble wrap to stamp in the word.  Then I went back and outlined each letter with the marker side of my brown Zig pen.

So don't miss out on this fun challenge!!  You can win an awesome prize from our Sponsor this week!!  And be on the lookout at the beginning of March as we start welcoming the newest Team members to Frosted Designs.  We have a lot of very talented women on this Team and I am very honored to work with each one of them!!

Products Used:

 
Patterend Paper:  Jillibean Soup & Bella Blvd.
Pom Pom Trim:  October Afternoon
Embroidery Floss:  Janlynn
Brads:  Bazzill & The Paper Studio
Acrylic Paint:  Apple Barrel
Thickers:  American Crafts
Baker's Twine:  The Twinery
Buttons:  Michael's
Tools: WRMK, Provo Craft, Sizzix
Pen:  Zig Memory System
Font:  Coaster
Adhesives:  3L Scrapbook Adhesives, Recollections, Zig Memory System


 

9 comments:

  1. Ohhhhhh this is GORGEOUS! I loveeeeeee the colors, the umbrella, the stitching for the rain!! WOW WOW WOW!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great layout Ashley! I am really loving that umbrella - very creative!

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is so cute, perfect colors for a summery layout, love the pics too!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ashley this is GORGEOUS!!! I love how you did that umbrella, beautiful colors and papers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the Jillibean goodness on this page, Ashley! :) The umbrella is so so adorable too! You are awesome at using brads- I don't think I could put that many on a layout and it still look good! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is one of my all time favorite layouts!! I adore the stitching and the way you created the raindrops with the brads! Too clever!! And those flowers... beautiful!!! Love, love, love it!!

    Barb :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh I love this one! The umbrella is SO cute! good idea to use pom pom trim on it! Cute clouds and flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! I love how bright and cheery this layout is! The umbrella with the little bobble trim is adorable and brilliant! Love the distressed circle flowers too! You are so freakin talented!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ashley- Do you have a Cricut that makes those cool flourishes? I've noticed you've used them a bit and I really like them! Right now I am making a LO using those fun flowers of yours.

    ReplyDelete