Saturday, February 25, 2012

Mmmmmm....MME!

Has there ever been one of THOSE lines that come out, that you just have to have, like yesterday?  Well, for me the new MME lines that came out at Winter CHA were a MUST-HAVE!  I have been drooling over them for months now!  So, when they finally came in at my LSS...well, let's just say I was about to burst with excitement!  Now on to the damage...I purchased $70 worth of the new lines!!  YIKES!  I know that sounds bad, but I do get a 20% discount for being on the DT, which brought it down to $55.  Then I fortunately had $25 in store credit for some items I had sold in consignment, so luckily, I made it out with only paying $30 out of pocket for a bag full of amazing goodies!

So far, I have created two pages with these lovely products.  The first, I can't show until later in March, because it is one of my DT pages for Sketch Support.  But I can share the one I created yesterday for Case File #7 at CSI.  It's a mix of On the Bright Side and some of the Mrs. Caroline.





   
I kept looking at this color scheme all week, thinking how in the world am I going to use this?  But once I decided to use the red as the dominant color, everything else feel into place.  I incorporated smaller amounts of the pink and purple, by using purple baker's twine and pink in the honeycomb shapes and for the butterfly.  The evidence and testimony worked perfectly with the theme of my photo and layout.  I chose distressing, wood or woodgrain, and stripes for my evidence and for the testimony, I used the inspiration word "root" for my journaling.

So now that I have solved Case File #7, I am REALLY looking forward to "cracking" Case File #8, which was posted last night!  It has an AWESOME color scheme and I must say that I am happily delighted...because there is no Purple in this week's color scheme!!  :)

Products Used:

Patterned Paper, Brads, Journal Card, Wood Die-Cut:  My Mind's Eye
Baker's Twine:  The Twinery
Ink:  Memento
Mini Market Stickers:  October Afternoon
Thickers:  American Crafts
Pen:  Zig Memory System

12 comments:

  1. Ashley, this is SO cute! I know what you mean about going nuts over new scrappy stuff. I just got some of the new MME myself and I just keep staring at it, like it's a rare diamond...haha! I am just wondering how am I going to force myself to actually cut it! It's so gorgeous. I love that red background & the hexagon shapes! That photo is darling...I can just hear him saying, "I stuck, mama!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. And I just realized I wasn't a follower of yours...WHAT?! How did that happen? I just fixed that. I thought for surely I was. Shame on me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Missy- I can totally see your little boy saying "I stuck Mama!" Too cute! I love the hexagons and how you interrupted the "wave" of them with the photo. And I love the baker's twine swirls! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMGosh!! That little man is absolutely adorable!!! What a great picture! As always your page is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I absolutely love this page. Love it!! Great background paper. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I totally AGREE!! I loveeeeeeeee the new MME lines!! And I love love love love your lo! LOVING the photo and that title is CUTE!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This page is awesome and have to agree MME papers new line is awesome. And the colour palettes can sometimes be a little daunting but the great thing especially when you are doing a masculine page is not always the amounts of each of the colours you get on the page its just using them and shade lighter or darker is fine to. This is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the new MME stuff too, for me it was the new Dear Lizzy that I had to have and yes I bought all of it and won't tell how much it cost...lol...your page is great! I love that red wood paper, so cool! You are so lucky to have a LSS, we have a Michael's about 45 minutes from here, but it doesn't have all the big names. I always have to order online...

    ReplyDelete
  9. i love both you paper choice and your design! That photo is extra cute too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. sadly there was nothing this cha that I thought oooh I HAVE to have that! :( a first ever! some like few love no must have asap - do like your layout bunches!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Adorable! I love the white space in the top two quadrants.

    This MME paper didn't tempt me in the least, but after seeing your page, I might have changed my mind LOL

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful page Ashley...and your budget breakdown...too funny...love all the new MME too!

    ReplyDelete