Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Imagination: Endless Possibilities

There is just something about watching little boys play!!  They are always curious and looking for fun (or sometimes, just trouble).  A couple of weeks ago, I just followed my son around the backyard of a friend's house, while my daughter was at Girl Scouts.  He had so much fun running around the yard and playing on their fort.  When I saw the color scheme for the new Case File #4 at CSI, I thought they would be a perfect pairing with these photos.  I mixed a lot of different papers together for this one, but sometimes it's fun digging through your stash to find coordinating papers instead of using a pre-made kit.

 




I think the color schemes from the Alice in Wonderland inspiration photos this month, have been fabulous and I am looking forward to what's ahead for February!  I worked in all 5 colors and also added in a little touch of red.  The paper inside my frame is from Close to My Heart and they are so cute.  There are several different scenes and these are just so fun for little boy layouts!  I used my colored pencils, to go in and add a little color to some parts of the images.

From the evidence, I chose to use a frame, stripes, and a wet medium.  I used Diamond Glaze over the black frame to give it more of an epoxy look.  I journaled from the "Get Curious" perspective suggested in the Testimony.  Journaling reads:

"I am always curious to know what goes on in that cute little head of yours!  You are always happy and finding fun little boy adventures to get into!  Never lose your imagination!"


That's all I have for today, but be sure to stop by on Friday!!  I have a cute, cute layout to share for our upcoming challenge at Frosted Designs!  You will definitely want to play along!


Products Used:


Cardstock:  Bazzill
Patterned Paper:  Crate Paper, Close to My Heart, Authentique, & Glitz Desings
Brads:  The Paper Studio
Colored Pencils:  RoseArt
Thickers:  American Crafts
Mini Market Stickers:  October Afternoon
Stickers & Cardstock Embellies:  Crate Paper
Punch:  EK Success
Edgers:  Provo Craft
Baker's Twine:  The Twinery
Diamond Glaze:  Judi Kins
Pen:  Sharpie & Sakura
Stitching:  Singer
Other:  Staples


 

7 comments:

  1. this is really cool Ashley, the way you tilted everything makes the page seem like it's in motion, just like you little one was exploring the yard, nice mix of papers, love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your adorable page & the fun splashes of yellow. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ashley, you hit this one out of the park! You did a perfect job with the color scheme. I love the tilted design, and that space paper is perfect! I always love your little accents & details...it's awesome, as usual!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ashley: You are doing such a fantastic job at the CSI challenge. I love all the great details, color use, and fun embellies on this one! Thanks for playing along. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love love love love this!!! LOVING the colors, the photos and that title ROCKS! :):):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love all the details that you have added on this layout. It is just darling!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is just so fun and creative! Love it, Ashley!

    ReplyDelete