Saturday, February 4, 2012

In Scrapbooking, Holidays Last All Year Round!!

If you've been Scrapbooking for a while, then I think you would tend to agree with me, when I say the holidays never end!!  You may be scrapping Christmas in July, Easter in October, and Halloween in January...like I did for this layout!  :)  I do actually like to scrapbook some of the holidays at the time they are going on, because it puts you in the mood to get those pages done.  But it is usually always impossible for me to get them all finished up in that time frame.  I don't stress about it too much, but I do try to set a goal of having each holiday finished up before it takes place the next year.

I have had a lot of fun so far, getting our Halloween photos onto layouts.  We talked the kids (miraculously) into theme costumes this year, so they kind of all matched...two pirates and a mermaid.  We decided to dress them up a few days before Halloween and do a little photo shoot, to get some good photos of them in their costumes.  I thought they would probably be way to hyper to actually pose for photos on Halloween night.  :)  These are some that I got of our little boy...quickly I might add, because he doesn't like to sit still for photos!  So these ended up just being the kind, take as many as you can and hope for some good ones!!  And I really LOVE the way they turned out, because out of about 25 of him, these 3 were the best.  I did this page for one of the fun challenges that takes place at Club CK, called Chinese Whispers.  We are put into groups and our host chooses a sketch, that is sent to the first person in the group.  She does her layout based on the sketch and then sends her layout onto the next person in the group, but that person doesn't see the original sketch.  This continues throughout the group, until we get to the last person and then we have a reveal, showing how the layouts changed from person to person and from the original sketch.  It is a really fun challenge and I love participating in it each round.

 

Products Used:

Patterned Paper:  Echo Park & My Mind's Eye
Thickers:  American Crafts
Chipboard Alphas:  Making Memories
Font: CK Fraternity
Ribbon:  Pink Paislee
Stitching:  Singer
Embroidery Floss:  Janlynn
Edgers:  Provo Craft
Acrylic Paint:  Apple Barrel
Mini Round Gems:  Recollections
Other:  Chipboard Frames, Zipper, Clip, Staples

6 comments:

  1. Super cute page! I love all the elements you used! Cute little one too:)
    ~Kim

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aye Matey! Adorable Ashley! Hey, did you see that CSI is looking for Guest Detectives? I'll put in a good word for you. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun challenge! I love love love love your lo!! LOVING those photos, the colors and loving the polka dot pieces! :):):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete
  4. A very sweet LO with a sweet little fellow! Love the zipper! This challenge sounds like fun. I'm usually scrapping last Christmas in December of the next year. hee hee

    ReplyDelete
  5. so cute! I have always loved a pirate costume! :) love the background paper!

    ReplyDelete