Thursday, April 17, 2014

Hip Kit Club | Today & Always

It's an exciting day today, because it's time to share my first projects using the April 2014 Hip Kit & Add-On Kits from Hip Kit Club!! I love opening up my kit each month, and looking at all of the papers and embellishments and thinking about how to use them throughout the month.  The April Kits are great, and I have created 3 layouts and 3 cards so far, and I love that each one is so different, even though all of the product is from the same kit.  There is a great mix of Studio Calico, American Crafts, Jillibean Soup, and Maggie Holmes in the April Kits.  You definitely won't be disappointed!



 
When I heard that the Pantone color for 2014 was Orchid, I was a little worried, because I am not a Purple fan. But I was happily surprised to see how Studio Calico used the color in their Lemon Lush collection. The April 2014 Hip Kit Main Kit, includes one of my favorite patterns from the collection, "In a Hurry". I knew I had to use it for my background paper on my first layout, with the kit. The paper gives you a great starting point for the design of your layout, with the diagonal text. I placed my photo, embellishments and title on the diagonal to flow with the text. There are so many fun embellishments to use in the Main Kit and Add-On Kits. I layered some items from the Jillibean Soup Mini Placements, Maggie Holmes Vellum Shapes, Maggie Holmes Frames and Studio Calico Die Cuts Ephemera. And I definitely wanted to use the pack of American Crafts Mistable Thickers for part of my title. The Heidi Swapp Citron Color Shine in the Color Add-On Kit, gave the Thickers just the right color for my layout.



After I finished working on my "Today & Always" layout, I thought it would be a good idea to use the same design concept on a card. I created a butterfly background cut file, which you can find and download on the Hip Kit Club Facebook page. I used one of the Maggie Holmes frames and added the large butterfly from the Studio Calico ephemera pack to the center of the frame. And I wanted to add some sparkle, so I used one of the Studio Calico Word Banners and the Maggie Holmes phrase stickers, for my sentiment.

Don't miss out on any of this month's Kits!  They are still available on the Hip Kit Club website!

No comments:

Post a Comment