Tuesday, April 29, 2014

This Is Gonna be the Best Day of My Life

I've been working away on upcoming assignments, but wanted to take a little time this weekend to play along with the 4/24/14 Sketch Thursday challenge at Elle's Studio.  The Sketch caught my eye, when I saw the large Chevron design pointing toward the photo area.  I knew exactly what I wanted to do with the Sketch, and so today, I'm stopping in to share my take on it!




http://www.shopellesstudio.com/blog/2014/04/sketch-thursday-7.html

I used my CAMEO to cut 3 different sized Chevron shapes from the Elle's Studio Love You More patterned papers.  After my Chevron pieces were cut, I started choosing different tags from the Everyday Moments collection to layer with my photo.  I used a mix of the Letters & Numbers to create my title on one of the Journaling Cards from the Everyday Moments collection.  I placed my photo and title in the center of the White cardstock and then I arranged the cut Chevron pieces to the left and right, but adhered them a little off center, to make things more fun!  I also cut the word "Hello" from White cardstock, using one of the Elle's Studio March Cut Files.  I really like the look of the tone on tone words on the background paper.

Thanks for stopping in for a visit today!  Do you have any fun plans this weekend for National Scrapbook Day?  I know of several sites, planning giveaways and challenges, so I can't wait to play along

Supplies:  Patterned Paper, Tags, Wood Veneers, Stamps, Letter Stickers, Cut File:  Elle's Studio; Color Shine:  Heidi Swapp; Enamel Dots:  My  Mind's Eye; Tiny Attacher:  Tim Holtz; Die Cut Machine:  Silhouette CAMEO

No comments:

Post a Comment