Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Get It Scrapped! | Channeling Doris Sander

It is easy to get stuck in a creative rut or fall short with a lack of mojo.  When this happens, I always like to take a look around Blogs and Galleries for inspiration.  I might find a technique or design style that inspires me to try something different on my layout, and it's a great kick start to getting the creative juices flowing.  If you are feeling this way right now or you're just looking for some fresh inspiration, make sure you visit the Get It Scrapped! Blog today, for the newest article on Channeling Doris Sander.  The Creative Team will be sharing ideas on how to use composition, pattern choices and titlework from a designer who you find inspiring.




I like to take photos of the kids annually on Valentine's Day, and I wanted to use the photo from last year and this year to create a comparison layout.  There were several aspects that I noticed when looking at Doris Sander's work:  solid color cardstock backgrounds, layering of multiple patterned papers, grid designs, minimal embellishments and using her handwriting for journaling.  I used a similar grid design for my layout and layered multiple papers behind my photos.  I limited my embellishments to wood veneers and enamel dots, and added my own handwriting for the journaling on my layout.

I hope today's article gives you new ideas for "channeling" another designer's work.  It's fun to incorporate their ideas onto your pages for a new perspective and push the limits of your creativity!

Supplies:  Cardstock & Thickers:  American Crafts; Patterned Paper, Tags, & Wood Veneers:  Elle's Studio; Patterned Paper: October Afternoon; Color Shine:  Heidi Swapp; Enamel Dots:  My Mind's Eye; Tiny Attacher:  Tim Holtz; Die Cut Machine:  Silhouette CAMEO

No comments:

Post a Comment