Thursday, April 10, 2014

Hip Kit Club | Late Nite Love

I've had a blast creating with the March 2014 Hip Kit & Add-On Kits!  Today is my last layout and card, using the March Kits, and next week, I will start sharing projects from the April 2014 Hip Kit & Add-On Kits!  Can't wait!!




Most of my layouts are about everyday moments, and sometimes I think I take photos of food, as much as I do my family!!  :)  That's one of the great things about preserving our memories for years to come and for future family members to see glimpses into our lives. We recently attended one of the Mardi Gras parades in New Orleans and by the time we left, Waffle House was the only place left open to eat dinner! But that waffle and bacon were definitely pretty yummy, so I snapped a quick photo on my phone. All of the bits and pieces from the March 2014 Hip Kit & Add-On Kits, worked together to give my layout, what I call a fun, diner kind of feel. I used the DIY Shop Chalkboard Labels to ground my title and some of the embellishments. Then I hand stitched a double circle around the photo and elements to connect everything together.



Creating a sequin pocket can be a great way to add a fun touch to your cards. I used one of the die cut pieces from the Dear Lizzy Bits pack as my base. Then I cut a circle from the Vellum included in the March 2014 Cardstock Add-On, to fit over the die cut piece. I placed my sequins over the die cut sentiment, then added a small amount of adhesive around the vellum circle and attached it to the die cut. Once the adhesive dried, I hand stitched around the perimeter of the circle to create the pocket for the sequins.

The April Kits are available for purchase on the Hip Kit Club website.  The Main Kit and Add-On Kits include a mix of American Crafts, Studio Calico, Maggie Holmes and Jillibean Soup.  Here's a look at the Main Kit and you can visit the website to order and view all of the April Add-On Kits!

 
Thanks for stopping in today!

No comments:

Post a Comment