Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Get It Scrapped! | Love You

If you are a font lover like me, then I am sure you are in love with the Brush Script trend that is taking over the scrappy world right now.  The look of the hand-written, brush script letters can add a bold look to your layout and really make a fun statement on your page.  The Get It Scrapped! Creative Team took on the Brush Script trend, and this is what I created:



 
I was attempting to get my niece to smile for a photo, but even with no smile, she is still so adorable.  The photo quality was not great on this photo, because of bad lighting, so I chose to make the photo smaller and use a dominant brush script font to create the title for my layout.  I mixed a die cut brush script font, with Thickers that are available in the brush script style.  The bold look and large size of the die cut words, immediately let you know the theme of the layout and create a fun graphic feel, against the lighter colored background.

If you are looking for Brush Script products, some of my favorites are included in the Plus One collection from Amy Tangerine.  You can also find several Brush Script fonts or cut files at Two Peas in a Bucket and Kerri Bradford Studio.  And if you're really brave, you can get creative and give hand-lettering a try and create your own titles!!

For more inspiration, make sure you visit the Get It Scrapped! Blog, to see what the Creative Team came up with, using this fun trend!!

Supplies:  Patterned Paper, Thickers, Stickers, Flair Button & Enamel Dots:  American Crafts; Spray Mist:  Studio Calico; Digital Cut Files:  Two Peas in a Bucket; Die Cut Machine:  Silhouette Cameo 


No comments:

Post a Comment