Thursday, April 2, 2015

Hip Kit Club | Coconut Slushie

Hi everyone!  I've got a new layout to share with you today for Hip Kit Club!  This is my 5th layout using the March 2015 Hip Kit & Add-On Kits, and I've still got a ton of product left to use!  This week when I went through my March Kit & Add-On Kits, I knew I wanted to use several of the patterned papers.  These kits are so full of goodies, that even on my 5th layout for this month, I still had so much to choose from!  The first paper I pulled out to work with is from the Dear Lizzy Serendipity collection.  I loved the two shades of Pink on the Plus patterned paper and knew it would coordinate with the color in my photo.  And I wanted to do something fun with it, other than just using it as is on my layout.  So I decided to cut larger Plus shapes from the paper, and arrange them in a vertical design on my layout, above and below my photo!


Once I had an idea of how I would arrange my photo and the Plus shapes, I decided to add some more of the patterned papers to the outer edges of the White cardstock, from the Cardstock Add-On Kit.  I chose the We R Memory Keepers Pink text paper and two of the patterned papers from Crate Paper.  I cut different sized strips from the three papers and then stitched through the two on the outer edges.



Since my layout took on a vertical design, I also arranged my title vertically.  I used the Everyday Thickers from the March Embellishment Add-On to create my title, alongside the photo.  And I wanted to add in one more pattern, so I fussy cut some of the cut flowers from the My Mind's Eye Garden Party patterned paper.  I kept the embellishments a little more minimal on this layout, since I used so many patterns and colors, but I still managed to use some of the Crate Paper chipboard pieces, MME Enamel Dots, Elle's Studio Wood Venner and a tag from the March Project Life Add-On!

Thanks for stopping by today, and if you missed out on any of the March Kits, make sure you visit the Hip Kit Club shop, to purchase the new April 2015 Hip Kits

https://www.etsy.com/shop/TheCutShoppe?show_panel=true

No comments:

Post a Comment