Thursday, April 16, 2015

Hip Kit Club | Puppy Love

I’m here today to share two new layouts with you, using the April 2015 Hip Kit & Add-On Kits.  You can probably tell from the title of my post, that these layouts will include some puppy photos!  I love that you can basically scrap any photo you want, with each month’s Hip Kit.  Every day photos are my favorites to scrap, and the Hip Kits always have just the right mix of products for creating the perfect layout.
 
First up, is a layout using a banner design across the top of the layout.




This layout was really easy to put together.  I used a mix of the patterned papers included in the April 2015 Main Kit, along with embellishments from the April 2015 Embellishment Kit.  I started out by cutting some of the patterned papers into banner shapes, and adding in a couple of tags from the Amy Tangerine Bits pack included in the Main Kit.  Once I had all of the papers in place, I stitched along the top with my sewing machine.  I created my title with a mix of Thickers from the Main Kit and the Embellishment Kit, and finished the layout by adding some chipboard pieces, epoxy stickers and word phrase stickers.

I have a new Process Video to go along with this layout, and I would love for you to check it out!


My second layout, is based on a previous design that I’ve worked with and loved!  There’s definitely not anything wrong with repeating a design, if you love it.  Like they say, if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it!





I knew I wanted to start out with the fun Claire patterned paper from Amy Tan, that’s included in the April 2015 Main Kit and the April 2015 Paper Add-On Kit.  I loved all of the colors it included, and knew it would work well with all of the embellishments in this month’s Kit.  I cut the paper to a point and added it to the White cardstock, that’s included in the April 2015 Cardstock Add-On Kit.  I also wanted to add another look to the patterned paper, so I stamped with the Diamond border stamp from the Elle’s Studio set, included in the April 2015 Color Add-On Kit.  Then I completed the layout design, by adding my photo to the center of the page, and angled my title along the lines of the patterned paper.

This month’s Kit is filled with lots of great colors, and I love how they all mix together!  If you didn’t get a chance to pick up the April Hip Kits, then make sure you stop by the Shop to get yours!

https://www.etsy.com/shop/TheCutShoppe?show_panel=true

No comments:

Post a Comment