Thursday, April 23, 2015

Hip Kit Club | You Make Me Smile

It's Thursday, and that means it's time to share a new layout for Hip Kit Club, using the April 2015 Hip Kits & Add-On Kits.  I like to call this layout “basic, with controlled Mixed Media”!  HA!  If you’re interested in Mixed Media, but are worried about trying it directly on your layout, this is a great way to get comfortable with it.  I used one of the Heidi Swapp watercolor papers included in the April 2015 Color Add-On Kit, with the Prima watercolor pencils.  This technique lets you get creative with Mixed Media, but gives you the option of using it off the page and then adding it to your layout.


I used the watercolor pencils on the HS watercolor paper to create a rainbow look.  This is super simple!  Just color across the paper with the watercolors and then use a brush and water to spread the color!  Easy peasy, lemon squeezy!  Once the watercolor dried, I adhered the card to my background paper and machine stitched around the edges.



And adding the card, gave me a great base for the rest of my page design.  I decided to do a photo strip down the center of the layout, and then create a fun embellished look on the opposite side of the layout.  The Heidi Swapp Wood Veneers in the April 2015 Project Life Kit were perfect for the grid design that I wanted to create to the right of my photos.  I mixed in some of the patterned paper squares cut from the Webster’s Pages What A Day patterned paper included the April 2015 Embellishment Kit.  And, of course, I had to add some Black Color Shine splatters, once I completed the layout!  I love the contrast of the Black ink layered over the bright watercolors!

So if you’re thinking about trying Mixed Media, make sure you check out the monthly Color Add-Ons!  You definitely won’t be disappointed.  There are lots of fun ways to use the products, and when you receive stencils, mists or paint daubers you get a great value, because they can be used multiple times or last for a while!

https://www.etsy.com/shop/TheCutShoppe?show_panel=true

No comments:

Post a Comment