Thursday, April 9, 2015

Hip Kit Club | My Happy Place

I’m stopping in today to share my first layout with the April 2015 Hip Kit & Add-On Kits!  The colors in this month’s Kits are so bright and fun…perfect for a beach photo!  I had to have the April Color Add-On Kit, because I wanted to try out the Prima Watercolor Pencils.  And they worked great on the Heidi Swapp Die Cut Watercolor Paper!


I thought the HS Die Cut Watercolor Paper, would be perfect for my title and also as a focal point for adding my photo.  Before I adhered it to the Cienna patterned paper, that I used for my background, I used the Prima Watercolor Pencils to add some Pink and Yellow to the Die Cut.  Then I placed the Die Cut in the center of the background and stitched across the phrase.


I wanted to continue the Pink and Yellow color scheme, so I chose embellishments and Thickers from the Main Kit and the Embellishment Add-On Kit.  I framed my photo with the large Yellow chipboard frame from the Rise & Shine collection from Amy Tangerine, and added several embellishments from the Bits and Chipboard pieces, also from the Rise & Shine collection.  After I had everything in place, I added some splatters of Black Color Shine to contrast the minimal color scheme.


I can’t wait to create some more layouts with this month’s kit!  There are so many different options, with the various patterned papers and fun embellishments!  If you haven’t had a chance to get your April Kits, make sure you stop by the Shop to check them out.

https://www.etsy.com/shop/TheCutShoppe?show_panel=true

No comments:

Post a Comment