Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Pinkfresh Studio May Guest Designer Layouts

I was so excited to be invited to be the May Guest Designer for Pinkfresh Studio!  I loved being a part of the Design Team last year, and couldn't wait to work with one of the new embellishment Kits!  
 

Live Life to Express:
The idea for this layout started with the fun die cut frame in the May 2015 Kit.  I knew I wanted to cut a couple of these and use one as a spot for my layout title.  Before I added my photo, layers and embellishments, I sprayed the White background with Yellow Color Shine and added some Black splatters.  Then I layered several patterned papers from the Up In the Clouds collection behind my photo strip.  I wanted to keep everything clustered around the photos, so I added the die cut frames, flair buttons, wood veneers and epoxy stickers.  I wanted a fun design to go along with the photos of my daughter and her silly face!
 
 


Slushie Love:I love that the colors in the May 2015 Kit coordinate so well with the Up In the Clouds collection.  I took everything out of the Kit, and decided which products I wanted to work with for this layout.  Then I grabbed the Up In the Clouds collection and punched circles from one of the patterned papers, to create my background.  Since I used a larger photo on this layout, I wanted to make the products from the Kit prominent also, so I used a horizontal design to add them across the layout.  I really loved the end result, with the photo on the left hand side of the page and the title and embellishments balancing out the other side of the layout.




So make sure you stop by the Pinkfresh Studio Shop to check out the May Embellishment Kit!   These Kits have lots of great embellishments, that will work perfectly with what you already have in your stash!

https://www.etsy.com/shop/TheCutShoppe?show_panel=true

No comments:

Post a Comment