Thursday, May 14, 2015

Hip Kit Club | Life Is Sweet & So Are You

Sometimes a Kit is just made for a certain photo, and I had one in mind for the May 2015 Hip Kit & Add-On Kits.  The combo of Teal & Pink just called for a photo of our daughter drinking a Coconut Smoothie, at a local craft show.  


See what I mean??!!  :)  Made for each other!  I also wanted to have some fun with the title and word phrases on my layout.  There are always so many Thickers, letter stickers and chipboard included each month.  I decided to create a fun little card to go beside my photo, using one of the enamel words from the Chickaniddy pack and paired it with the word Happy from the Pink Paislee ephemera pack, included in the May 2015 Embellishment Add-On.


 
Since I went with the Pink & Teal color scheme, I also wanted to add in a bit of Gray and Yellow.  The backside of the Pink Paislee paper I used for my background, has a fun lemon design.  I fussy cut several of the lemon slice shapes and added them to the background paper.  I wanted to add a bit of texture to them, so I used my sewing machine to add some light Pink stitching.

I finished my layout by adding a bit of stamping with the Chickaniddy Crafts stamp set included in the May 2015 Project Life Kit.  I went with a Gray ink pad, just to give it a more subtle stamped look.

Thanks for stopping by today!

https://www.etsy.com/shop/TheCutShoppe?show_panel=true

No comments:

Post a Comment