Thursday, May 28, 2015

Hip Kit Club | We Go Together Like Peas & Carrots

I’m still going strong with the May 2015 Hip Kit & Add-On Kits!  I think I say this almost every week, but it’s like the kits are never-ending!  I wanted to create a long title for this week’s layout, using a mix of the Thickers and letter stickers that are included in each of the kits this month.  So I pulled some of the Thickers, letter stickers and transparent Ampersand from the May 2015 Main Kit and the May 2015 Embellishment Kit.


Before I started placing the title, I wanted to get my photos on the background paper.  I used a 2 inch circle punch, to cut my four photos.  I decided where I wanted each of the photos and then started building the title, by adding the word “Together” first, in the center of the photos.  After I had “Together” in it’s place, I worked on completing the title with the AC Dear Lizzy Woodland Thickers and the Chickaniddy Yippee letter stickers.


Once the title was in place, I went back to my circle punch and cut 2 inch circles from four of the patterned papers included in this month’s Kit.  After punching the circles, I cut each one into fourths, and then mixed up the patterns and put them back into circle shapes on the layout.  I wanted to add some texture to the layout, so I stitched some wonky circles around the pie chart punched circles and my photos.




Next, I started going through my remaining embellishments and placing them in clusters around the pie chart circles.  I used the Evalicious wood veneer phrases from the Main Kit, to give another element of texture to my layout.  And since I was in punched circle mode, I thought it would be fun to stamp the Hello phrase from the Chickaniddy 365 Clear Stamp set, included in the May 2015 Project Life Kit.  I stamped it in Red ink and used my 1 inch punch to punch out the circles.  Then I used foam dots under a few of the stamps, for a little extra dimension on the layout.

I also have a new Process Video to go along with today’s layout, if you would like to check out my full process for putting it all together!



Thanks for stopping by today!

https://www.etsy.com/shop/TheCutShoppe?show_panel=true

No comments:

Post a Comment