Friday, May 22, 2015

Illustrated Faith | Psalm 119:105

Earlier this week, I shared a new post and Process Video on the Illustrated Faith Blog!  I wanted to pop in today and share it here on my Blog, too! Since I started working in my Journaling Bible, I’ve loved highlighting some of my favorite verses from over the years.  One of those verses comes from Psalm 119:105.  “Your Word is a lamp to my feet and a light to my path.”  As believers, we are drawn to light…God is light, light exposes truth, we are the light in the world, light shines in darkness.  I wanted to highlight this verse, using colors, images and words that reference that light.

This is one of those verses that is easy to remember, but one of those I don’t always put into practice.  It’s easy to sum up…God’s Word illuminates our life (our choices and decisions) and guides us in those areas.  But there are those times, that I get distracted by life, by the world, by my own selfishness and sometimes forget that God’s Word contains all of the wisdom I need, to light my way through this life.

I used several techniques to bring “light” to the verse, by working with a burst stencil, Yellow and Orange water color paints, a light bulb cut file and words/phrases associated with light.  I wanted this page in my Journaling Bible to shine bright, as a reminder to follow that light and stay on the path God has set before me. 



There are a lot of things that can pull me from God’s light.  I think of those as artificial light…temporary…bulbs that will burn out and eventually leave me in the dark.  And it’s easy to follow that artificial light, when I stray from God.  But I know that His light is constant and everlasting, and is always there, when I am looking for a path out of the darkness.
 
I have also created a Process Video to go along with this verse, to give you an idea of what went into illustrating this page in my Journaling Bible.


Supplies:
Sunburst Mask

https://www.etsy.com/shop/TheCutShoppe?show_panel=true

No comments:

Post a Comment