Thursday, May 21, 2015

Hip Kit Club | We Were Here

It's time to share my newest layout for Hip Kit Club, using the May 2015 Hip Kit & Add-On Kits.  I've got tons of photos from our recent trip to Cleveland, Ohio, and since we were in the three hour vicinity of Niagara Falls, I convinced hubby that we needed to visit!  I'm so glad we did!  It was totally beautiful and we took one...or a hundred...photos while we were there.  I couldn't wait to get one of the photos on a layout, so I sat down and looked through my May 2015 Hip Kit & Add-On Kits, to see what would work with my photo.  I decided to use the awesome Chickaniddy Crafts 6x6 papers, that are in the May 2015 Embellishment Kit, to create a large hand-cut title for my page.


I cut each of the 6x6 papers to 2x6, and then I just used that height to cut my letters.  After placing the title on my layout, I used my sewing machine to add an outline stitch of each of the letters.


And because I created a large vertical title on the layout, I decided to balance it out by adding my embellishments horizontally across the page, on each side of my photo.  I pulled a little bit of everything, to work into the design, including the Evalicious alpha stickers and puffy stickers, and some of the Bits from the Pink Paislee ephemera pack and the Pink Paislee chipboard embellishments.  These are all included in the May 2015 Project Life Kit, the May 2015 Embellishment Kit, and the May 2015 Main Kit.


I love how all of the colors from this month's Kit, mix together so easily!  I'm also excited about the new June 2015 Hip Kit & Add-On Kits!  It's got some great travel themed products, so I'm looking forward to creating some fun road trip layouts next month!!

https://www.etsy.com/shop/TheCutShoppe?show_panel=true

No comments:

Post a Comment