Thursday, May 7, 2015

Hip Kit Club | Completely & Totally Original

Happy Thursday everyone!  I'm always excited to share my first layout using a new Kit from Hip Kit Club!  Today, I'm stopping in to share a layout using the May 2015 Hip Kit & Add-On Kits.  One of my most favorite things every month, is seeing the color combos that are in the Kits.  And the May Kit has some amazing colors.  I chose a photo, that I knew would coordinate well with some of the Pink Paislee and Dear Lizzy papers, and here is what I came up with!


I wanted to do something fun with the patterned papers, so I decided to make an extending square pattern.  I just cut each of the patterned papers, to the full size I wanted, and then I used my paper trimmer to cut out the center of each square.  Once my squares were adhered to the background paper, I added some Black stitching with my sewing machine.



I kept my title and embellishments in a vertical design, above and below my photo.  I pulled the fun rainbow Thickers and some pieces from the Pink Paislee ephemera pack, out of the May 2015 Embellishment Kit.  And I also had to add some of the adorable puffy stickers from Evalicious, that are included in the May 2015 Project Life Kit.  I really love the way all of the papers and embellishments worked together on this layout.

If you haven't had a chance to pick up the May Kits, make sure you visit the Hip Kit Club website.  You won't want to miss out on the Main Kit or Add-Ons this month!

https://www.etsy.com/shop/TheCutShoppe?show_panel=true

No comments:

Post a Comment